The Battle of the Bulge, also known as theArdennes Counteroffensive, took place from 16 December 1944 to 25 January 1945, and was the last major German offensive campaign on the Western Front during World War II.
Departing from Brussels, spend a day studying the immense historical World WarII battlefields in the Ardennes. Also on the list: the Ardennes American Cemetery, the MHM44 Museum, foxholes and other War Monuments around Bastogne.
- Start time: 9am
- Duration: 11 hours
- 850€, 1-2 pax
- 340€, 3-4 pax
- 225€, 5-6 pax
- 150€, 6-8 pax
- 110€, 9-10 pax
- Meeting point: From your Brussels' hotel
- For groups or corporate: Contact us for a personalized offer!
- Welcome at McAuliffe Square in Bastogne, introduction to the Battle of the Bulge
- Visit of the Museum of the Battle of the Ardennes
- Visit of the Mardasson Monument and the milestone 1147 km of the “Road to Liberty”
- Visit of the Woods of Peace created for the 50th Anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- 506 PIR – 101 Airborne – Easy Company Monument
- Visit of the Jack Woods (foxholes)
- Visit of the American Foy Memorial and the German Cemetery
- Lunch of Ardennes’specialties
- Expert guide to unravel the history of the Battle of the Bulge
For a longer description see below!
What to expect
Departing from Brussels, spend a day in Bastogne studying the immense historical World WarII battlefields in the Ardennes.
The Ardennes are situated in the southeastern Belgium and will offer you some of the most attractive scenery and landscapes in Europe. Bastogne was famous because of its key position during the Battle of the Bulge in 1944.
When the advancing Germans demanded surrender from the American forces garrisoned there, the response of General Mc Auliffe was just one defiant word “Nuts”. The ensuing siege leveled the town. We will learn about the facts and details in the Museum of the Battle of the Ardennes, displaying a unique collection of uniforms, vehicles and weapons that belonged to the divisions which were involved in the battle.
You will start your tour at square Mac Culiffe where we see the Sherman tank and the statue of the famous general Mac Uliffe. After a brief overview about the tour and we will head towards the museum of the Ardennes, and the Mardasson monument for a guided visit by an expert in the field.
After the visit and a lunch of Ardennes specialties we will take a guided tour by JEEP to see the foxholes in the famous Woods of Peace surrounding Bastogne, the American Foy Memorial, German Cemetery and much more.
The tour will be done with real WWII vehiculs, the famous WILLYS 1944 JEEP, which will raise the quality of the experience of the Batttle of the Ardennes.
For bigger groups we will use other vehiculs that were used during the battle.
For those who want to know everything about this battle, this will be an experience they will never forget.